How Gas Points Work at Tops Markets
A BIG Way to Save at Tops Markets is with Gas! That’s right, you can save on your gas purchases just from shopping at Tops! It is pretty easy to earn the points to save. Tops runs promotional periods where you can earn these Gas Points. Not every day can you earn, so be aware whether or not your store is running a Gas Points promotional offer. They will let you know when the earning period is over, and when the day is to use up those rewards. Not all stores have Gas Stations, but you can still earn points. Not all Tops may participate in the Bonus Offers given during the promotions if they do not have a gas station, so you may want to ask yours to be sure. Some lucky people have Tops that are “double dip” stores. You may find Catalina Offers, like Save $3 Instantly, or get back $3.00 promotions in conjunction with a bonus gas points promotion.
How Does Gas Points Work?
- You get 1 gas point for every dollar spent.
- You get 10 Bonus Gas Points per Coupon Redeemed.
Limit of 100 Bonus Gas Coupon Points per transaction. (you can use as many coupons as you want per transaction, but only the first 10 will give you the bonus gas points, so if you want to maximize your gas points you need to do separate orders with 10 manufacturers coupons each.)
- There are also special gas points promos every week.
You can find them located in the ad.
*Please note that your store may limit you to one transaction PER DAY, as according to their policy:
“Where available, TOPS GasPoints® earned on the redemption of manufacturers’ paper coupons limited to 10 coupons/100 TOPS GasPoints® per household, per day. TOPS GasPoints® offer excluded from TOPS store coupons, Super Coupons and Click-to-Card coupons. Offer applicable during TOPS GasPoints® earning time periods. See TopsMarkets.com for details.”
Many Tops will allow multiple transactions. Just remember to be polite to others shopping if there is one lane open, letting others go in between may make your store more likely to allow multiple transactions. Also Tops store coupons and catalinas (unless they are manufacturers) will not count towards gas points.
Above is an example of what you can find in the Tops Weekly Ad when they have a Bonus Gas Points Promotion for that Week. These are Bonus Offers given on top of the other two ways you can earn Gas Points. It will tell you how many items you will need to purchase in order to get those Bonus Gas Points. For example (from the picture above) in order to earn 200 Gas Points (a savings of $0.20 off per gallon of gas purchased) you would need to purchase any 5 of the participating items they have in that section. When they have BOGO sales (buy one get one free) BOTH items count towards the items needed to purchase to earn those bonus points! You can really earn those Gas Points using coupons and getting these offers!
NEW Tops Gas Points Earn You Gas Gift Cards!
So it’s similar to earning regular gas points. All you have to do is shop and earn the points. Then you can redeem Gas Points at any full-service checkout register at your local TOPS for on any $25 or $50 gift cards from BP, Gulf, Shell, Irving, Exon, Mobil, Speedway… this may all depend on your location. This is available only for select stores, most likely I’m assuming those with out gas stations.
How It Works:
- Earn Gas Points shopping at Tops Markets
- Grab Gas Gift Cards at Check out
- Inform Cashier that you would like to redeem Gas Points on Gift Card
- Cashier Loads your Points to Dollars to Gas Card
- Use Gas Gift Card at Participating Gas Stations
- Read more here
Above is what you can expect to see when you cash in your Gas Points Earned
(COMING SOON, old pic disappeared)
Above is a picture I took of the bottom of my tops receipt.
They show you your current Tops Rewards, how much of each you have, and when they expire! You can also find other rewards programs found here, like the diaper program and more.
Redeeming Gas Points
- The Gas Discount is valid for one vehicle fill up in one transaction only (max. of 25 gallons of gasoline per transaction). It is limited to one vehicle/one transaction only according to legal guidelines and to ensure our customers’ safety.
*Note that some Tops stores do allow you to fill up more than one vehicle, and gas jugs.
- There is no cash back on Gas Points. Once you use them they are gone. IF you have more Gas Points than what the cost for gas is (ex $4.00 in gas points and gas costs $3.75) that remaining money WILL BE SAVED on your card to use on your next Gas Purchase.
- After redeeming your Tops Gas Points, you will continue to earn points again for all your grocery purchases through the duration of the promotion.
Click Here to Read Exclusions (items that do not earn Gas Points)
Looking to learn more about how to shop at Tops Markets? Check out the “Everything you Need to Know to Shop at Tops Friendly Markets Grocery Store” post. There you will find useful information like coupon policy, how to stack store coupons, and more!