Saving on Toilet Paper: Knowing When to Stock Up & How to Calculate Best Prices
All About Toilet Paper: Knowing When to Stock Up & How to Calculate Best Prices
Sometimes it can be confusing (okay let’s face it, really confusing) when it comes to figuring out what is the best price for toilet paper. One ply? Two ply? Sq. ft? Extra soft? Gosh there are so many options, and so many brands, and so many prices! Before you can save on Toilet Paper you must first know how to calculate when you are getting a good deal. Knowing When to Stock Up & How to Calculate Best Prices is key to learning how to save on toilet paper.
Here are two basic methods to use to help you figure out price wise what is a good deal.
Price Per Sq. Ft.
This is the Price you Pay divided by the total square footage (sq.ft.) of the toilet paper = price per foot — $0.02 and under is a great stock up price to me!
Price Per Roll
This is the Price you Pay divided by the total number of rolls of toilet paper. I think $0.25 or less per roll is a great stock up price to me!
Examples per sq. ft.:
- Cottonelle 12 pk often goes on sale, and after coupons costs – $3.00 @ 193.2 square feet. So that’s $3.00 divided by 193.2 = $0.015 per square feet. That is a Great Stock Up Price for Toilet Paper!
- 12 Double Rolls of Toilet Paper is 400 sq feet on sale for $5.00 = $0.0215 a square foot. That’s not as good of a stock up price!
- If the Toilet Paper is 500 square feet you need to pay $5.00 or less for it to be a good deal. If the Toilet Paper is 425 square feet, you want to pay $4.25 or below.
Examples per roll:
- Cottonelle 12 pk on sale, and after coupons costs – $3.00. That’s 3 divided by 12 = $0.25 a roll. That’s a good stock up price.
- Toilet Paper is on sale, and after coupons will cost you – $3.50 for a 24 pack. That is 3.50 divided by 24 = $0.14 a roll! That’s a hot stock up price!! get as many as you can 🙂
- You find a 12 pk double roll on sale for $4.00. That is 4 divided by 12 = $0.33 a roll. Being a double roll pack, it is safe to even divided that in half again since you essentially are getting double the amount of a normal roll. That would then make it about $0.17 a roll! Pretty Good!
Now Of course for the more expensive brands, you will be paying a bit more for. And if you want 2 ply vs 1 ply you would be expecting to pay a bit more too. All depends on your preferences.
How to Save on Bath Tissue
- Use Coupons. The most basic way you would imagine is to use coupons. You can use coupons from the Sunday paper, when available, find them in stores and digitally. You may even want to consider emailing the company for coupons too.
- Stock Up with Good Deals. When stores offer great sales, grab a few packs. When you can use coupons and get a low price you better grab as much as you can.
- Don’t be Brand Loyal. Sometimes you have to go with the one’s that are cheaper. Different brands cost less. Some even store brands may be up to your liking. So be sure to shop around and find the ones with in your price range that work best.
- Shop Clubs. Another way to save would be to consider purchasing from wholesale clubs like BJ’s, Costco or Sam’s Club. The
- Shop Amazon. Did you know Amazon offers digital coupons and even great discounts randomly on toilet paper? Yup, you can check those out here. They vary and can sell out fast. Another option to consider may be subscribe and save option.
Saving the Rolls Can Make for Some Great Crafts Too!
Please let me know if you have any helpful tips to add!
Hope this was helpful!