Tops Markets Coupon Policy Overview
Below you will find Tops Markets Coupon Policy. You will also find my explanation of certain parts highlighted in this color. Click Here to see the Tops Markets Coupon Policy on their site. As with all store coupon policies, I suggest you print them out and keep a copy with you while shopping.
They accept your manufacturer coupons under the following guidelines:
- Tops reserves the right to limit the quantities of coupons redeemed per day per customer.
- TOPS reserves the right to accept or reject any coupon.
- The coupon must have an expiration date that has not expired.
- Only one (1) manufacturer’s paper or Click-to-Card coupon may be used on an item not to exceed the retail price after all TOPS BonusPlus® discounts are applied.
*What this means is that you cannot stack their Tops manufacturers click to card coupons with Manufacturers coupons. You can only use one or the other. Please click here to read all about using Click to Card Coupons at Tops.
- TOPS will accept only one (1) manufacturer’s paper or Click-to-Card coupon for an advertised Buy One, Get One Free offer. We will not accept a manufacturer’s coupon for the product that is received free as part of a Buy One, Get One Free offer.
*What this means is that you cannot use a coupon towards the free product on a bogo sale. For example: Hot Dogs are BOGO $3.99 and you have a $1.00/1 coupon. You can only use a coupon for the item you are purchasing in the bogo sale. You cannot use a $1.00 off2 coupon on a bogo sale, because they do not allow a coupon to be used on the free product in the sale.
- TOPS will accept one (1) manufacturer’s paper or (1) Click-to-Card coupon and one (1) TOPS paper or Click-to-Card coupon for the same item not to exceed the price of the item. No cash will be given back if the coupon value exceeds the value of the item. TOPS can not accept a manufacturer’s paper coupon and a Click-to-Card coupon on the same item.
*What this means is that you will not be given any cash back or cash applied to your order if you have a coupon that exceeds the value of the product purchased. Usually when the coupons are scanned they will auto adjust down. Please head over here to read all about using Click to Card Coupons at Tops.
- Free coupons will be redeemed for the retail value of the item after discounts or the maximum value stated on the coupon whichever amount is less.
- TOPS does not accept competitors’ coupons, including competitors’ Catalina, competitors’ paper or competitors’ electronic coupons.
- We will not accept photocopies of any coupons.
- Under Criminal State Laws, we are required to comply with all manufacturers’ coupon requirements. Any other use constitutes fraud.
- If you forget to use your paper coupons at the time of purchase, we will accept them with your receipt and TOPS BonusPlus® or up to seven (7) days beyond the date on the receipt, provided that the coupon has not expired. (love this, for us forgetful ones 😉 lol)
- TOPS does not guarantee in stock conditions on products for manufacturer paper coupons, Click-to-Card coupons, paper internet coupons or $1 Coupon Doublers. Rain Checks will not be issued for any manufacturers’ coupon, Click-to-Card Coupon or $1 Coupon Doubler.
*Rain checks can only be given out for items that are on sale that week found in the store ad. They have to be out of stock in order to be given a rain check on that item.
- Where available, TOPS GasPoints® earned on the redemption of manufacturers’ paper coupons limited to 10 coupons/100 TOPS GasPoints® per household, per day. TOPS GasPoints® offer excluded from TOPS store coupons, Super Coupons and Click-to-Card coupons. Offer applicable during TOPS GasPoints® earning time periods. See TopsMarkets.com for details.
*What this means is that during a their gas promotion, you earn extra points for manufacturers coupons used. You get 10 points per coupon used, only up to ten. After ten you no longer get those extra points for coupons used. They do have the right to limit your orders.
Double Coupon Policy:
- Customers with a TOPS BonusPlus® will receive double the value of manufacturers’ paper coupons with a face value of up to 99¢.
*That’s right….every day your coupons valued up to $0.99 will double in value when used! Have a $0.75 off coupon? That’s going to be $1.50 off your order!
- We reserve the right to limit four (4) double coupons per same item, per day, per household.
*Not many stores I know of enforce this, but let it be known that they can do so. Most of the time you can split your order up and use the coupons in a separate order so you can get that extra savings.
- Coupons with a face value of $1.00 or more will be redeemed at face value. (they won’t double)
- Double Coupon Policy does not apply to customers without a TOPS BonusPlus®, FREE coupons, manufacturer paper coupons that state “Do Not Double,” in-store coupons, Catalina coupons, Click-to-Card, or any other retailer coupons.
*Tops catalinas, Tops Coupons, Click to Card Coupons, and coupons that state do not double on them will not be doubled.
- The total value may not exceed the price of the item. Certain items may be excluded by law. (no overage given)
- When available, TOPS limits $1 Coupon Doublers to four (4) $1.00 manufacturers’ paper coupons, per household per week, paired with a TOPS $1 Coupon Doubler redeemable during the current offer period only. Coupons of less than or greater than $1.00 value can not be paired with a $1 Coupon Doubler.
*What this means is that Tops has the right to limit you during a dollar doublers promotion. This was a recent change in their policy. I have yet to come across anyone telling me this, but let it be known if you have a cashier/manager tell you that you can only do one order for the dollar doublers then that’s it. According to policy. You cannot use coupons for any other value than a dollar to pair with the dollar doublers when promo is available.
- We will not accept printed internet coupons for “free” product, buy-one-get-one-free products or a value greater than $5.00.
- The coupon must be obtained from a legitimate website.
- We reserve the right to refuse any internet coupon that appears to be fraudulent, photocopies (mass produced), counterfeit or invalid for any other reason.
*As with any store they have the right to refuse any coupon. There are so many fraudulent coupons out there now a days that look completely legit too! So I don’t blame companies if something seems too good to be true to deny them. Read about Tips on telling what coupons many be fraudulent found here.