Below you will find Dollar General Coupon Policy. You will also find my explanation of certain parts highlighted in this color. Click Here to see the Dollar General Coupon Policy on their site. As with all store coupon policies, I suggest you print them out and keep a copy with you while shopping.
Their coupon policy does not state that they have any limits on amount of coupons used in a transaction. So as long as a coupon doesn’t state so you can use as many as you wish.
- Dollar General does allow the stacking of a single Manufacturer Coupon and a single Dollar General Coupon per single item in a transaction. Stacking of 2 or more Manufacturer Coupons per item is not allowed. This is normal stacking like any other store that has store coupons. Learn how stacking coupons works here.
- The stacking of 2 or more Dollar General Coupons in a transaction is allowed unless otherwise noted on the coupon or associated promotional art.
- Dollar General does not double or multiply the value of coupons.
- If a coupon value is more than the price of the item, the remaining value will be applied to the balance of the transaction. Wahoo! This is NEW since December 2014 – Love it!
- Coupon overage can only be applied to the balance and will not be given back at the end of the transaction. Means no cash back.
- Coupon overages will only be applied to the store merchandise remaining in the transaction and cannot be applied to gift cards, pre-paid money cards or phone cards.
- Cash back will not be given.
Paperless Digital Coupons
- They are loaded directly onto a customer’s account and redeemed at checkout using a phone number. You can enter your phone number at register in store.
- Set up an account here
- DG Digital Coupons are Manufacture Coupons. Manufacturer DG Digital Coupons cannot be combined with any other type of Manufacturer coupon on the same item in a single transaction.
- If the Digital Coupon is a DG Store Coupon it will be labeled as such. Then you can stack them. Go here to read more about How Dollar General Digital Coupons Work with examples.
- If there is a conflict between a DG Digital Coupon and a Print Coupon or a Mobile Coupon for the same item, the first one applied will be counted toward the transaction and the other will not, regardless of value.
Mobile Coupons/Text Message Coupons
- Dollar General specific Mobile Coupons and Text Message Coupons are accepted in stores. These coupons are Dollar General Coupons and must have a valid Dollar General promotion code in addition to a visible and valid expiration date.
- Unless otherwise specified, these coupons can be combined with a single Manufacturer Coupon for the same item in a single transaction.
- Mobile and Text Message coupons from sources other than Dollar General will not be accepted.
Dollar General WILL accept coupons that meet the requirement below:
- Must be original. Photocopies are not accepted.
- Must have a scan-able barcode or valid Dollar General promotion code
- Must have a visible and a valid expiration date
- Can be redeemed only for items sold at Dollar General, and can be redeemed only for the exact same item (package weight, size, etc.) unless otherwise specified
- Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free. Dollar General Coupon offer will always have a purchase requirement with free item offers.
- A maximum of two coupons will be allowed per item. To do this, one coupon must be a Manufacturer Coupon and the second coupon must be a Dollar General Coupon. You can stack coupons.
Dollar General will NOT accept coupons that are as follows:
- From other retailers
- Internet coupons without a scan-able barcode, a Dollar General promotion code or a visible and valid expiration date.
- For “free” items that do not contain a purchase requirement (i.e. buy one get one free is acceptable) So they do not take free product coupons, printables or regular ones it may appear?
- Manufacturer coupons that do not have a “remit to:” address on the coupon. All valid manufacturers coupons will have the remit addresses.
- Dollar General does not match competitor Ad prices.