Saving Money on Diapers & Wipes
Babies are expensive!! Diapers, Wipes, Clothes, Baby food, Formula, etc. Finding ways to save money on Baby items can be a key factor when trying to save money. Here are some tips for you on saving money on diapers and wipes.
- Don’t forget the coupons from the Sunday paper! In addition to $ off diapers and wipes, there are sometimes the “Free product WYB diapers or a bath and body product” kind of coupons.
- Look for coupons in the stores! Blinkies, tearpads, store specific coupons… coupons are everywhere! Find out Where to Find more coupons here.
- Check your local stores to see if they offer Digital coupons. More and more stores are coming out with these and it’s an easy way to save!
- Printable Coupons. You will often find coupons for baby items on popular coupon sites. Check out our how to find coupons list here.
- Money Off Coupons may be offered during special times at certain stores. For example, often evey week you can find that Dollar General offers $5 off a $25 purchase coupon. Pair that with coupons and you can stock up nicely!
- Doubling Coupons: Often times you can get a better deal on wipes if you shop at a store that doubles coupons. Our local grocery stores, Tops and Wegmans, double coupons $0.99 or less every day. We often see great deals there using coupons!
This $0.50/1 coupon will double at my local grocery store making the wipes only $0.79 a pack!
Cash Back Apps
Don’t worry if you have trouble finding coupons you can try saving using cash back apps. These are programs you can download apps to your phone and when you make participating purchases you may be able to get cash back for the diapers and wipes you purchase! They are kind of like rebates.
Check your local stores for possible promotional offers on baby products. I know that our local grocery store, Tops offers a special promotion on diapers. You earn one point for every dollar spent on diapers then when you reach 100 you cash it in for a $20 catalina coupon voucher! They also allow you to get a FREE birthday cake for your child’s first birthday. So that is something you may want to look around for at your local stores. You most likely can find these in stores advertised or on their website.
Figuring out the Best Price for Diapers
When trying to determine the best price on diapers, you are not looking at the price per pack, since the pack sizes vary pretty drastically from outlet to outlet. The figure that you are seeking is the price per diaper. The same goes for wipes as well.
- To calculate the price per diaper: divide the price paid for each pack by the number of diapers in the pack. Since the larger sized diapers have fewer diapers per pack, the older your baby gets, the higher the individual diaper cost will be. My personal goal is no more than .10 per diaper. Most people will not pay more than that for a Size 1 brand name diaper, increasing the per diaper cost as the sizes increase.
Huggies Size 1 Regular priced diapers= 8.99 per pack / 56 diapers per pack = .16 per diaper
When you find a fantastic deal on diapers, buy as many as your budget allows, in both your baby’s current size and the next size or two up! Most places allow you to exchange unopened diapers for a larger size if your baby outgrows them. Be sure to stock up when you can! Learn more about stocking up and what a stock pile is here.
- Don’t forget to get a raincheck! If there is a great sale on diapers or wipes, the stores are often out of the items at some point during the week. They may only be out of one size or scent — get a raincheck to use later. This allows you to wait for good coupons to use with the sale too possibly.
- Always be on the lookout for clearanced diapers or wipes. When they get new designs in they will start marking down prices of old ones!
- Store brand diapers are perfectly fine! Many of the store brands are made by the big name diaper companies in any case, so the quality is not going to be that much different, if at all.
Sometimes you can find Free Sample for Diapers and Wipes. Every little bit helps! (of Course I will post them when they are available :)) Like, this FREE Walmart baby box sample you can get completely FREE shipped to you. Be sure to check out our very popular huge list of free baby samples and other offers here.
Buying Diaper & Wipes in Stores
- The bigger the size, the less diapers per pack, but you still want to figure out the best price per diaper when calculating your savings. Or you can go by price per size. We see jumbo packs and boxes – boxes usually being of different sizes. Know the usual prices for your and go from there. When they are a lot lower then the usual price that is when you stock up!
- Reward Promotions: Drug Stores and even Target often have promotions for “participating items with x amount purchase get back rewards” in the ad. Diapers and wipes make frequent appearances in these promotions. It’s a great bonus for something that you have to buy anyway! P&G or Kimberly Clark often have store flier promotions like Buy $30 worth of participating items, get $10 reward. That is how you save money too, by using reward money.
- Store brand diapers and wipes are great, but depends on your preferences. More people prefer the Walgreens Store Brand Supremes, which are similar to Huggies. They are nice and soft and stretchy. The one issue is that they tend to run quite small. A Walgreen’s size 3 is more like a size 2.5… slightly bigger than the average size 2, but won’t fit as long as another brand’s size 3s. This is something to keep in mind when stockpiling– when you switch sizes, I would use a store brand diapers first!
- Be on the look out for Store Coupons . These often have coupons in it for money off diapers, and you can combine the coupons with manufacturer coupons and sales. A past coupon was for $5/2 packs of Walgreens store brand. When the store brand was on sale for $5.99 + you got a register reward for every 3 packs, it was a great way to stock up!
Shopping at WalMart
- Walmart sells the big name brands at low-average prices.
- They hardly run sales on diapers. But you can find the diapers at a low cost every day.
- Walmart has a store brand. It is not bad for the price – not as soft as the brand names, but does the job well.
Shopping at Amazon
You can sometimes save big money on diapers and wipes when shopping online with Amazon. But you have to be careful and watch the prices. Sometimes they can be over inflated. So know your prices!
- Amazon.com – Amazon Moms. You can save 20% off New and Improved diapers and wipes with fast and dependable delivery with Subscribe and Save. you get FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items with Amazon Prime. They offer Exclusive deals and discounts on items for your whole family through Amazon Mom e-mails.
- Amazon often run sales on diapers like pampers, huggies, luvs and more.
- You can often find coupon offers to clip online here as well.
- Amazon may offer promotions such as the “Buy $99 worth of baby items, get $25 gift card”
My Old Diapers & Wipes Stockpile from my first Daughter
Hope this Helps!