Tops Markets vs Wegmans: Beef Meal Deal Comparison
Tops Markets often has what they call Family Meal Deals. Often times everyone in our coupon groups say how they think they are not a very good deal. I have to say that personally, I find some to be good and others not so good. And that’s only because of the items they offer for free. Many times I cannot use those items. I think it’s a great offer that Tops gives it’s customers. So I decided that I would do a comparison to Wegmans like I have done before in the past (read about my Tops vs Wegmans post). I tried to match up items for items the best I could based on what Wegmans offers.
Tops this week has the Ground Beef Meal Deal. You purchase a large big pack of beef at $3.99 per lb and you can get the 7 items below for FREE. They claim that the items that are free are over a $16 value (I can double check exact next time I’m in store). Depending on how your store packs the beef packages, you may be able to find a package for around as low as $17 – $18.
Fresh Ground Beef 80% Lean Big Pack, 4-5 lb. – $3.99/lb – $18+ for pkgs (depending how store packs them)
GET ALL 7 ITEMS FREE! (more than $16 value)
- Fresh Express Iceberg Garden Salad, 12 oz
- Tops Classic Potato Salad Includes Macaroni Salad or Cole Slaw, 16 oz
- Sugardale Hot Dogs, 16 oz
- Tops Individually Wrapped Cheese Singles, 8 oz
- Tops Hamburger or Hot Dog Rolls, 11 oz
- Tops Deluxe Mac & Cheese Dinner or Deluxe Shells & Cheese, 12-14 oz
- Tops Spring Water 12 Pack, 12/16.9 oz
TOTAL for Big Pack Hamburger and 7 items = as low as $18 (many will probably be more near $20, even still not bad!)
Here are the current prices of items at Wegmans that I found comparable to the items on sale at Tops this week with the meal deal.
- Fresh Ground Beef 80% Lean Big Pack, 6 lb+ – $2.69 / lb. – making them $17 +
- Wegmans Iceberg Lettuce, 10 oz – $1.50
- Bar-S Hot Dogs, 16 oz – $1.39
- Wegmans Potato Salad, 16 oz – $3.99
- Wegmans Individually Wrapped Cheese Singles, 12 oz – $2.49
- Wegmans Hot Dog or Hamburger Rolls, 14 oz – $1.49
- Wegmans Shells & Cheddar Dinner, 12 oz – $1.79
- Wegmans Food You Feel Good About Spring Water, 12 pk – $2.49
TOTAL for Big Pack Hamburger and 7 items = as low as $32
So….What do you think? Do you think the meal deal is a good deal now after seeing the breakdown in price comparison? Maybe I will keep this comparison up with the various meal deals 🙂